Monday, March 28, 2011

From Scratch!

This blog is quickly turning into "Life As A Newlywed COOK: Year One!!!!!!!!!" I have been spending so much time in my kitchen lately. I absolutely love to cook! I recently tried making some things from scratch that I love and usually buy store-bought items for: Pizza and Bagels.




I made an Asparagus Pizza this evening. I made the dough and sauce from scratch! It turned out soooooooo amazing! Here is a picture::


It is such an awesome feeling to know about EVERY ingredient that you are putting into your tummy! Everything on this pizza is fresh and it was oh so yummy!

Another item I ALWAYS buy at the grocery store are bagels. Lately, we have not been buying them to save money, so I thought, "why not make them?" Well I used Whole Wheat Flour and made us some Whole Wheat Bagels from scratch! Here is a picture::


They may not have formed the perfect shape as the grocery store ones, but they were soooooooooo much cheaper!!
I am doing a good job staying in our grocery budget and am getting to spend even more time in the kitchen!!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment