Friday, March 11, 2011

Married Life+Living Away From Home=Some Rough Nights

Not only did Mike and I get married, we moved 16 hours away from our families the Monday after the wedding. I am definitely a strong girl, but all of this at once has really tested me more than I thought possible. I love my husband. I love our new apartment. I am just really struggling with the distance between friends and family.
For example, it is a Friday night here and I am lying in bed on my computer at 10pm while Mike is sleeping. I have played phone tag with my best friend for the last week, only heard my families voice for the last month, and really only socialized with strangers, my husband, or my dog.
I have been job hunting during the day, only to find that there are more steps to take before I can be working everyday.
Enough of my self pity. I am just having a little trouble adjusting to everything at once. I miss my shoulders to lean on, but I am strong, and I will get through it. Mike and I are trying out a new church this Sunday. I'm praying that it will be a good fit, and we will have some sort of a routine to start. Until then, I am going to just keep pushing through!

2 comments:

  1. I love you girl and just remember you are a strong person!!!!! MISS YOU TONS and I am sooooooooooo happy we finally had a real convo that lasted more that 2 seconds last night!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just going to have to set up phone call dates....that's all there is to it!

    ReplyDelete